We love our kids. Ensuring they stay in excellent health is always our top priority. Pediatric eye care is a vital part of keeping them healthy, as their vision is so important to their development. When your children can see better and isn't troubled by eye diseases, they can focus on learning and growing.
That's why we're proud to offer comprehensive pediatric eye care services at Optical Expressions in serving Phoenix and Scottsdale, AZ. Our childrens eye doctor is experienced in managing a wide range of eye and vision problems in kids of all ages, from infants to teenagers. Bring your children to us for all their vision needs, including:
Pediatric Eye Exams
Eye exams are an essential part of preventive care for kids. We recommend that children have their first eye exam at 6 months old, and then again at 1 year old and 3 years old. After that, they should have an eye exam every year. During a pediatric eye exam, our optometrist will check for common vision problems like nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism. We'll also look for signs of eye disease.
Pediatric eye exams are painless and take just a few minutes. We use special pediatric testing methods and instruments to make the exam as comfortable as possible for your child. These exams are critical to prevent vision problems from getting worse and catch eye diseases early when they're most treatable. Your kids don't have to be verbal to have an eye exam. Even babies can be checked for common vision problems.
Treatment for Eye Diseases in Children
If your child is diagnosed with an eye disease, our optometrist will work with you to create a treatment plan. We offer a wide range of treatments for pediatric eye diseases, including:
- Eyeglasses - If your children have refractive errors, meaning they're nearsighted, farsighted, or have astigmatism, they may need to wear eyeglasses to see clearly. We offer a wide selection of kids' glasses frames in a variety of colors and styles to suit your child's taste.
- Contact lenses - Contact lenses are another option for correcting refractive errors. Our optometrist will help you choose the right type of contact lens for your children's vision needs, eye health, and lifestyle.
- Vision Therapy - Vision therapy is a type of treatment that helps retrain the eye muscles to improve coordination and function. It's often used to treat binocular vision problems, lazy eye, and crossed eyes.
- Eye surgery - In some cases, eye surgery may be necessary to treat an eye disease or vision problem.
- Medications - Medications may be used to treat conditions like pink eye, allergies, and dry eye.
Visit Optical Expressions for Pediatric Eye Care
When it comes to your child's vision, don't wait until it's too late to get help. Call our childrens eye doctor at Optical Expressions today to schedule a pediatric eye exam. We serve patients in Phoenix and Scottsdale, AZ. Call (602) 254-3169 or (602) 224-5772 to book an appointment in Phoenix and (480) 998-1606 to book an appointment in Scottsdale.